This week we talk to Zac Hicks (www.zachicks.com). Zac is the worship pastor at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in Fort Lauderdale, FL, an author who has contributed chapters to the book Doxoloy and Theology [an amazing book on worship (http://amzn.to/1LGiReI)] and who wrote The Worship Pastor [publishing in October (http://amzn.to/22ENghw)], and an all around great man of God who was a blast to talk to!
In this discussion we answer the question “is sex worship?” Then we dive into the Regulative Principle, what it is, why many Reformed folks believe in it, and different way to understand worship through scripture. Then Zac discusses how to do Family Worship. This last discussion was especially encouraging for Chris and Alex and we think it’ll be great guidance and encouragement for you!
Check out Zac’s website which has streams of all his albums (they are great), articles discussing worship from a Biblical and Reformed perspective, and great resources like a family liturgy which you can use for your own family worship (http://www.zachicks.com/familyliturgy).
You can also join Zac’s facebook group Liturgy Fellowship (https://www.facebook.com/groups/liturgyfellowship/) where Godly folks are discussion worship and the Christian life.
- Zac recommends:
- “For the Glory of God” by Daniel Bock (http://amzn.to/1U86Zoy)
- “The Ology” album by Sovereign Grace (http://amzn.to/1RxOYsY)
- John Newton’s letter on worship (http://www.gracegems.org/Newton/04.htm)
- “Family Worship” by Joel Beeke (http://amzn.to/1UMkaKC)
- “Family Worship” by Donald Whitney (http://amzn.to/1LGk7yA)
- Alex recommends:
- The Letters of Samuel Rutherford (http://amzn.to/1UMk5Xa)
- Chris recommends:
- Coral Ridge Music (http://coralridgemusic.bandcamp.com)